Work shouldn't feel like work
We are a small group of people passionate about lifelong learning. We love tough challenges and crazy characters. Located in Menlo Park, CA, Curious has a tested leadership team, funding and support from great investors and is growing quickly — one terrific new employee at a time.
Some of the perks you will enjoy as a Curious employee include:
- getting to hang out with some of the silliest, most easily distracted and impressive people you'll ever have the pleasure of working with
- health, dental and vision insurance—all useful if you get hit in the face during a company game of dodgeball during the annual company retreat
- an annual company retreat of which you will never speak
- fully remote work
- free gourmet lunches or treats delivered to your door at least once a month
- a smug feeling of satisfaction for having saved the world from its own destruction
- having more fun than you thought possible at work
We currently have openings for the following positions (and will post more when they come up):
Curious is hiring a Content Manager to oversee lessons, programming, and writing across all of the Curious products, which includes the Curious learning platform, Camp Curious, Word Genius, and Word Chill.
The main functions of this role are:
- Lead the daily production cycle of the Curio Cabinet, a daily digest of short-form educational content, which we call "Curios" and manage a team of writers with original articles that will reach an audience of over one million users. The Content Manager will be responsible for scheduling, assigning, editing, and writing Curios with the editorial team.
- Act as the “point person” for all Curious and Camp Curious teachers, including sourcing new teachers, interacting with existing teachers, and providing guidelines on developing curriculum and ensuring content quality.
- Write a daily lead “Curio” that headlines our daily newsletter and is at the top of the daily CQ Workout for hundreds of thousands of Curious learners.
Our perfect candidate is someone who is ready to experience the roller coaster ride of being at a startup, willing to take on new challenges, takes pride in being on a winning team, is super organized, does great work, and above all has great writing/communication skills. While management experience is preferred, ultimately, we are looking for a lifelong learning enthusiast. And of course, we are looking for people who are high energy and a lot of fun!Responsibilities:
- Lead editorial team to curate, write, and schedule exceptional Curio ideas
- Write the Daily Curio five times per week.
- Conduct research and fact check to ensure timely and accurate Curios that resonate with our audience
- Proofread and ensure adherence to our internal style guidelines
- Oversee and grow the Curious and Camp Curious library of recorded and live content
- Business development & outreach to source new Curious and Camp Curious teachers
- Provide coaching on curriculum development and content quality for existing Curious teachers
- Other special growth projects as needed -- since we're a startup we don't know what they are yet!
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, i.e. English, journalism, education
- 3-5 years experience writing for a mass consumer audience
- Ability to take direction, multi-task, and work without constant supervision
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Excellent communication, organization, and collaboration skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and great attitude
- Commitment to our mission and values
- Lifelong learning enthusiast
- Management or business development experience
- Extensive knowledge of spreadsheets and Google tools
- Project management skills
This position is full time, fully remote, with frequent video conference meetings.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your resume, 2-3 writing samples, and a cover letter which states 1) your "bucket list" of five things you want to learn before you kick the aforementioned bucket, 2) your favorite teacher on Curious or your favorite level of Word Genius or Word Chill (not counting the first five). Send this via email to email@example.com.