Over the past 15+years, thousands of people first met me through my teaching & writing about mindfulness, whether it was through my mindfulness trainings for corporate employees & law enforcement professionals, the mindfulness courses for the general public I've presented, & the many articles & blog posts I've written about living mindfully. After a period spent in deep reflection, I let go of what I call the "modern mindfulness movement" along with all its unintended consequences, even though I will never stop teaching about mindfulness as I have come to understand it over decades of study & practice, & have chosen to incorporate the universal principles of the Tao as the framework of my conscious leadership training & advising work. I created the Harmony Conscious Leadership Academy to provide a variety of educational skills opportunities for those who wish to help lead the change they wish to see, no matter who or where they are: ICLeadership.net &HarmonyCLA.com.
* B.A. in Psychology, Summa Cum Laude, Arizona State University
* B.A. in Organizational Leadership, Arizona State University
* Certificate in Psychological First Aid (PFA), Johns Hopkins University
* Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) training, Kaiser-Permanente, San Francisco Medical Center
* Mindful Eating for Health Care Professionals course created by Duke University's Integrative Medicine program
* Certificate in Nutrition for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, University of California, San Francisco
* Basic certification in Transformative Conflict Mediation from The Institute for the Study of Conflict Transformation, which is affiliated with the Maurice A. Dean School of Law at Hofstra University.
* Diploma in Hypnotherapy from the nationally accredited college Hypnosis Motivation Institute, Los Angeles, California
* Certified massage therapist and professionally certified in Polarity Therapy, Touch for Health, reflexology, and Chinese acupressure.
10183 min10-part Mindfulness course95 CQ
Using the strategies, resources, and mindful eating practices presented in this in-depth course, discover how mindful eating can lead to increased energy, reduced stress, and whole-person wellness.
13287 min13-part Mindfulness course149 CQ
Discover how mindfulness can improve relationships in your professional and personal life. Learn how to apply mindfulness practices to boost motivation, overcome fear, and take command of the self.
Other Lessons by Suzanne Matthiessen
8 minMeditation lesson5 CQ
What is mindfulness and what is it not? This lesson clears up some of the most common misconceptions about mindfulness and clarifies what it’s really about!
9 minFREEMeditation lessonFree5 CQ
Curious about the practice of mindfulness? This ancient skill has helped countless people reduce stress, live in the now, and improve leadership abilities!
12 minMeditation lesson7 CQ
Interested in learning how to practice mindfulness? This lesson teaches about the benefits, the keys to success, and ways to be mindful in daily life.
Suzanne Matthiessen's Enrolled Lessons
4 minFREEWork lessonFree3 CQ
You've created your fabulous and engaging Curious lesson, but how do you grab the attention of a student browsing the site? Pick the perfect thumbnail image!
8 minFREEWork lessonFree5 CQ
You've created your Curious video lesson, now it's time to share it with the world! Learn how to use the Curious LessonBuilder to push your lesson live.